Wednesday, November 09, 2011

WIP Wednesday

I'm late today.  This past week, I've been posting the night before so you can wake up to a fresh new post by me. I know when you first open your eyes in the morning, the first thought that crosses your mind is, "I wonder what that crazy desert lady posted today?"  Well, isn't it?  No?

Last night, I came home at seven pm and took the old man to McDonald's for a treat.  Then we came home and I listened to him and the 18 birds tell me about their day.  They all talked at once and it was hard to keep up.  By nine I was so exhausted, I couldn't keep up with an old Roseanne episode on TVland, that I've probably watched 157 times.  Which tells me I'm probably too tired to be upright or semi-conscious any longer.  Much less write a semi-coherent blog post.

I awoke bright and early at 4:45am on this first of my two days off, to impatiently wait for the sun to wake up so I could take my pictures.  Lazy old sun had the nerve to sleep in until seven am before I saw it's first little rays. Then,  I had to wait until eight am before it was fully awake enough to shine in my direction.

So without further ado, I give you the things I've pretended to work on this week.  What? You didn't think I have time to actually knit things with my busy schedule did you?  Take a look at the title of this here blog.  They have been slacking, I tell you.  I was hoping to have a FO Friday post of two complete socks.  No, not a pair.  Just two different finished socks. It's not going to happen. The damn slackers.


Because of that weird cold front that moved in, I've had to send them into action on the Cardi I showed you on Monday.  Just a couple inches have been knit.  They must have put it away while I was sleeping last night. Damn cats.



The scheduler did bring the winter coat for me.  She apologized that it was covered in cat hair.  I told her I had four cats and three rabbits, what's a few more hairs?  It's a nice coat. Very warm on my long walk to the bus stop last night.  I just have to go get a new zipper to put in it.


Before the cold weather made it's appearance, I broke down and bought this Bellevue Cardigan pattern.  We are using the Knit One Crochet Too yarn I had bought last month.  Even though we would rather work on this one, only two or three rows have been knit so far.


We tried the purple sock on the intended victim last night.  Tried to take a picture with my phone camera but it didn't come out and the battery was dead in the digital camera.  Victim stated he was not willing to go around with a half knit sock on his foot while waiting for the battery to charge.  I'm thinking it had more to do with dragging around the attached ball of yarn as well as his oxygen cord.  This is the picture you get.  About four more inches to go up the leg, to get it to the victim's desired length.  We will have to figure out where to put strategic increases as the calf is getting thicker at this point.


The victim of this sock lives somewhere in Western NY.  She may or may not be the one who reads this blog. We're not telling.  Both women wear the same size as I do, which is why I nor the cats have been able to knit myself socks in over a decade.  Today or tomorrow, I guess I will have to wash my foot and try it on.


This is the start to Anna's blanket.  We are trying to combine a ripple with a granny square.  After several false starts we think we might be on track now.  Later this month I will write up the pattern and a tutorial as to how we worked it up.

What am I going to do with my two whole days off in a row?  Today, I'm going to clean up a little.  Not much as  Duane's new case worker won't be able to come by until next week and it will all be messed up again by then.  Still cold, and I'm determined to finally make that apple pie I keep promising to make but never seem to get a round tuit.  I gave my round tuit away when I moved down here, because the damn thing never worked for me anyway.   In between all that, I'll pretend to knit some more and write some blog posts in advance for those nights when I just want to go to bed.

Tomorrow we go shopping. Maybe, I'll drag the spinning wheel over to the rocking chair and spin a little on that fiber I've wanted forever, but haven't had time to spin on since I got it.  Isn't that how life usually works?

Finally, a strange call I received yesterday at work:

Me: This is Pharmacy Technician Denise. How may I help you?

Caller: (sounded like an elderly lady) Can you hear me?

Me: Yes, I can hear you clearly.

Caller: Can you hear me and understand what I'm saying?

Me: Yes, I can. How may I help you?

Caller: Am I making sense to you?

Me: I guess so.

Caller:  Thank you very much for you help.

And she hung up.

Have a great Wednesday everyone. I know I will.   I will be going over to Tami's for to see what everyone else is up to on this weeks WIPW.

14 comments:

Melissa said...

I have to say that it is wonderful to hear the humor coming back into your posts. I've missed that from you and am glad to see that you're getting there. I hope it continues.

I hope you enjoy your days off. Put the kitties and bunnies to work. They're getting lazy I tell you!

Teresa Kasner said...

I'm with MT.. glad to see you having fun with things. I do hope you get that apple pie made.. I've been wanting to make one for literally years and never quite do it. My mom was renowned for her pies..
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

the old man said...

Pets getting lazy? Done been. Except Bootsy. She is up to something.
NaBloPoMo is teh stupid. I got nanoblogfail. So much fail that my last two posts were about fail. I haz eleventy-sumpin words for nanowrimo though. More better.
I want pie.

Carol said...

ha! I hear ya on the phone call. have you had this conversation yet?
them:I want my pills
you:ok, which ones? Have you got the prescription number?
T:No, jsut give me my pills!
You: (pulling file up on computer and seeing she has elevendy kinds of pills) Do you want the ones that you take in the morning?
Them:I want my pills?
You: Are they the yellow ones?
Them: Just give me my pills!
You:Alrighty then, I see you have 3 different pills that are due for refilling, I will do all three of those. That would be the 'damitol' 'flyingfig' and 'urkiddingme' okay, ma'am?

Vivianne said...

That turquoise yarn ? Beautiful color. That Granny Ripple ? great colors, and an interesting idea - I'm looking forward to see how that turns out :)

Pearl said...

Oh, I love that!

Can you hear me? Am I making sense? Do you understand what I'm saying?!

:-) Do you think she was checking to see if she'd had a stroke?

Pearl

p.s. The socks look wonderful.

heather said...

That is hysterical...both the weird call & the image of trying on socks while waiting for camera batteries cracked me up!!

Spinster Beth said...

Fabulous wips! I love all the yarn you have chosen, and those purple socks are absolutely stunning! I love cables and twists ... and purple ... my favorite things!

Little Mama said...

Gee mom, sounded like you were off to a crazy two days off.

I would love to have the pattern to that blanket that you're making for Anna so that I can make one too being the fact that I have a lot of yarn to use up lol.

*thinks to self could that pair of socks be for me? lol* Whoever those socks are for, I know they will love them cause I know they were made with lots of love.

Alittlebitsheepish said...

It looks like you and the kitties have been very busy working on projects. LKooking forward to seeing more of the ripple/granny combo

Rudee said...

We're going to have to watch upcoming Verizon cell phone commercials to see if your call is featured. Can you hear me now?

Girl, you've got so many wips going it makes me dizzy.

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

That is a strange comment. I love your sock for the woman in Western NY as well as your granny ripple. Enjoy the days off!

Affiknitty said...

The socks look great and I love the colors of the crochet squares. So happy for you that D is doing well.

Julie said...

The ripple/granny looks beautiful, very talented lady you are,
Super socks.