Wednesday, November 02, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Another week gone by.  Much knitting happened on the bus.


I'm progressing up the leg on the dark purple sock.  I need to try this on the recipient pretty soon.


I used the Fleegle heel on the Tucson colored sock, as I like that better than the short row heel.  It's hard to put this down for the purple sock.  I love to work with variegated yarns more than solids.

I started Anna's blanket over the weekend.  After several false starts, I'm still working out how I want to do it, so no pictures as of yet.

Short and sweet this week's WIPW post.  I need to pace myself for the rest of the month of NaBloPoMo.  Duane signed up too.  Plus he's doing NaNoWriMo for the third or fourth time.

Teresa commented that it sounds like I'm settling into my job.  Ok, we'll pretend to go with that.


Thanks for stopping by.  To see what others are up to, visit Tami's Amis.

9 comments:

Tami Klockau said...

Love both pair. The purple ones are a gorgeous color!!!

Paula said...

Socks are looking great! I know what you mean about knitting with the variegated yarn. It's what I love about fair isle -- all those fun color changes to look forward to!

pinkundine said...

I love the colours of the Tucson sock - I can see why you don't want to put it down in favour of the plain one ;)

Melissa said...

Now I have to look up fleegle heel. That's a new one. I like the looks of it though. Both socks look wonderful!

Teresa Kasner said...

LOL.. you're so funny!! I do hope that the job thing is getting better.. after being retired for over 10 years, I simply cannot fathom having to do what you're doing. I'm proud of you.

I love both pairs of socks.. I knitted one pair and couldn't wear them as I have sensitive feet and I could feel every stitch.. felt like I was walking on pebbles.

You haven't lost your sense of humor!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Your socks are looking super, the best (and maybe only good) thing about travelling is the knitting time

geeky Heather said...

Purrrple...those socks look great! And the multicolored ones are very fun. And also, I just like saying "Fleegle." Fleegle!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Variegated is more fun to knit; it's like a surprise every round! But the solid purple shows off the pattern so nicely! Great work!

Julie said...

The Tucson socks are an amazing colour