Friday, November 18, 2011

Fiber Arts and Foto Friday


A certain feline took offence to me calling them lazy in Wednesday's post, so this is what I woke up to this morning.  Out of my work bag.  No that is not the culprit.  That is the tattle tale.


This is our culprit.  Ms. Bootsie Bitey, formerly of the Scottsville Biteys, aka Yarn Hoarder with a refined taste in only the best yarns.  Silk and cashmere needs to be kept under lock, key.....


with an armed guard.

Yesterday, I cleaned the living room area in the morning.  The refrigerator guy came and fixed the fridge.  He and the manager tried to blame us, that we didn't know how to use a refrigerator.  It was some Freon thingie that was faulty.  Duane knows what it is. But yeah, we are 45 and 50 years and don't know how to use a refrigerator.  I never had one break down on me until we moved here.  I've lived in apartments for ten years at a stretch and never a problem.  We will be looking for a new place to live, probably after the holidays.  I wanted to wait until we had enough for a down payment on a house, but this place is becoming undo-able.

His new case manager came to meet us and do the the three month evaluation.  He's on a new medical plan and this one has a Dr. that does house visits.  A Dr. who make house calls, that's pretty cool.  We didn't like the new Dr. he was seeing at the clinic, so we agreed to change.  Because she is new to us, she's keeping everything else the same.  I'm still his caregiver.


Remember the sweater I showed you on Wednesday?  It now looks like this.  I'll give you all a moment to get over the cringing.

I measured it yesterday and it was two inches wider than I wanted.  Since, I was afraid of running out of yarn, I decided to rip it out and restart the smaller size.  Hopefully, I won't have to spin more yarn doing this. I really don't have time to spin more, when you consider I'm away from the house twelve hours a day.  Exhausted from all the walking.  Plus, most of the housework, running errands on my days off.  I will re-cast-on tonight in time for the bus in the morning.


Last night, I worked on the first pattern repeat of the Bellevue Cardigan.  I'm using Knit One Crochet Too, merino/silk fingering in teal.  Once I get past the pattern stitches and into the stockinette, I can add that to the bus knitting rotation.


Foto of the week:  My rose bush must have felt bad about Sunday.  Yesterday I noticed this little bud had shot out the side at the bottom.  I hadn't noticed it there before.  Then again, I've been tres busy lately.  I'm hoping when my friend comes to take us to do our errands she will stop at Lowes so I can get supplies to make a sign for my planter.  "Keep your damn hands off MY plants!"

My day includes, running all the errands, the weeks laundry and vacuuming the bedroom.  If I can muster the energy, I might spin for a bit tonight.

Happy Friday for you.  This is my Sunday and tomorrow is my Monday on a Saturday.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Finally catching up. I know all about the splodey thing and "that" look. I was ready to do that this morning when I got back to work...rude people. I hope you are able to find a new place where people respect you and your belongings.

Julie said...

Great news your fridge is fixed. Hope the new dr becomes a friend took too and helps to make things easier for you both.

Teresa Kasner said...

I'm glad you're going to re-locate. That place has done you no favors. Can you get something closer to work? You didn't go all "splodey" on the fridge guy? He needed it!! Argh!

What are you doing for Turkey Day?

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

WonderWhyGal said...

Yikes! The little critters do like the yarn balls, don't they? Sorry about the fridge...they aren't supposed to break down.

Spinster Beth said...

Eeeek! Bad kitty! I've had to retrieve balls of yarn before from around the furniture legs, but thankfully they've only every lain on my WIPs!