Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I Got Nothing

Nothing much for WIPW.


How was your day?  Probably better than the owner of this Cadillac.  I'm sitting at the picnic bench waiting to start my shift when the repo man comes and takes this guys Caddy.  I don't know which is worse having your car repoed at work, or having all your co-workers come out to watch.

I didn't post my Wednesday post Tuesday night because I came home in a bad mood and exhausted.  The snowbirds were horrible, calling in to fill their prescriptions.  I kept hearing about how much they hated our system down here at Drugs-R-Us compared to their Drugs-R-Us back home.  One actually said, "I hate you call center people."

The cranky old lady in my head wanted to say, "Yeah, well hop on your broom and fly yourself back home.  Cool your arse in a snowbank for awhile."

About 45 minutes before my shift ended, I went to the bathroom, to prepare for my 20 minute run to the bus stop.  The scheduler guy looked at me as I walked past his desk on the way back.  (He'll learn not to make eye contact with me, one of these days.)  So I said, "Just putting it out there.  If you need someone to leave at 5:45, I'm volunteering.  If not, that's ok.  I'll just keep my butt in the chair until I'm scheduled to leave at 6."

The head of scheduling was sitting there. (The one who gave me the coat.)  She burst out laughing.  "I never heard it put like that."

Me: "I'm just putting it out there and trying to be reasonable."

Her:  "You're always totally reasonable."

Him to me:  "I'll keep that in mind."

He let me go at 5:40.  Which was good because I don't think my body could have made that walk in 20 minutes.

This is where I lost it.  When I got off the first bus, the connecting bus almost pulled up beside me a few feet from the stop.  I waved my arm and shouted.  He looked right at me and took off.  You'll can just imagine what the cranky old lady in my head said to that.

When I finally did get home, the TV was blaring with politics and the birds were trying to out shout the politics.  I felt like Duane wasn't listening to me.  It just wasn't a good night.  My day was still better than the guy who got his car repoed.

Today, the customers were actually nice.  It seemed to be mostly locals already starting with the holiday cheer.  About an hour after I started, the phones started going down.  The people coming on couldn't log in.  I said in chat, I was jealous, I could be knitting.

Then one minute before lunch, I was on the phone with a customer, when screen went down, but the customer was still on the phone. I told her to hang up and call back, that my screen went down.  She said, just type in my name.

Me: "Mam, I can't type in your name, because my screen went down and there's nothing to type your name into.  You need to hang up and call back."

Her:   "What do you mean? Just type in my name."

Rinse and repeat the above about four times.  She finally says, "You want me to hang up and call back?"

Duh!!!

Because it was the client's software, we had to stay since they could continue to bill the client.  So, I knit for about two hours.  They were going around one by one having people try to log back in.  If they couldn't, they went home.  If they could, obviously they went back to work.  About an hour before I was to leave, they got to me.  Don't you know, I was able to log back in.

Duane and I went out for pizza at a new place.  We finally found a place close by with decent pizza, good prices and they deliver.



Half my meatball sub and the last slice of his pizza.  I decided to take a picture before we ate it all.

I'm taking my very exhausted butt to bed.  Will post knitting or some fiber stuff on Friday.

By the way, I got a 22lb turkey for the six of us, tomorrow.  It's Duane, the four cats and I.  Of course, I fix the cats plates.  You wouldn't expect anything different from me would you?

Have a Happy Thanksgiving to all my US readers.

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Enjoy your thanksgiving! And happy turkey day to the kitties too!

Julie said...

I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving x