Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Monday Really Sucks

Like the song I posted yesterday, Monday, Monday. Can't trust that day.



The mountain I see when I step out into the street.  So pretty with the winter clouds.  That's if I were turning around and heading back to bed.  Instead, I went on to work.  It was colder than predicted last night.

When I got off my second bus and ran to the gas station.  What is it with bladders and cold temperatures?   I bought my coffee, I asked the attendant if they sold umbrellas.  It had started sprinkling when I got off the bus.  He told me to go a mile east to Walgreens.  I told him I was walking two miles west.  


I stepped outside and it had started raining harder.  I said, "Oh hell no."  Turned around and bought a danish so I could get money out to call a cab.  I arrived at work just a few minutes not to spare.  We get a quarter point for being a minute late.  I arrived at an empty desk and logged in just in time. 

I felt bad knowing that Duane used to walk in that and arrive at work soaked.  Not so bad that I was about to do it myself, in suffrage. Would you believe they had the ac blowing?  I kept going outside on my breaks to warm up, then back inside to go back to work and warm up from outside. Nope, no warmth to be found.  I couldn't figure out which was colder, in or out. 

The rain stopped an hour later, but it was cold.  The high today ended up being 55F.  Brrrr.  At 3:15 on my last break I stopped by the scheduler desk.  

Me:  I know I said I wouldn't ask again.  I'm not asking, I'm just saying if there is VGH, wink, wink. 

SCH: I told you, you would be back.

Me: It's just that it's cold out and I would like to take that walk while the sun is still shining. 

SCH: What does the sun have to do with it?

Me: I don't have a coat. 

SCH:  You don't have a coat?  Why not?

Me: I was a housewife last year and I just didn't go out when it was cold. I was going to get one, but I didn't think it would get cold this soon. 

SCH: (Pulls out a sticky pad)  I need to write myself a note.

Me: What for?  To remind yourself, Denise really IS a doofus. 

SCH: No, I have an extra coat I was going to give to Goodwill.  I will bring it to you tomorrow.  What time would you like to leave? 

I started the cardi when I got home, well, I cast on.  Love all the ones, I've been trying to knit for, but this lady needs to wrap herself in some sheep.  Like a herd or two. 


The forecast isn't looking any better.  Notice Monday.  Yeah, it's a week away, it better straighten itself out.  I'm not into deja vu.  That's late December weather you see there.  We went from Hell hot to cold, no fall temps. What happened to fall?  I didn't move here for this.  Two years ago, it was in the 80's and the natives were complaining about when will it cool off.  Two years ago, I was sweating baking Thanksgiving pies with the ac blasting.  That's what I moved here for. 

Just have to freeze through tomorrow.  That dressing up crap for the client visit.  Then two days off.  Not that I will get to rest.  I need to clean, shop for groceries and meet with Duane's new case manager.  The latter insures that I have to clean. Speed knitting will be fit in when I can. 

Interesting thing.  Someone came to my blog with the Google search, Happy Birthday Duane.  It's seems there's quite a few videos on You Tube with that title.  Wish I knew before hand.  I would have posted this video to his FB page. 




Happy Tuesday everyone.

9 comments:

Vicky said...

I hope the rest of the week goes better for you.

supertinks said...

Our weather has suddenly changed too, over the last week or so. It is noticeably colder than it was.

How nice of the scheduler to offer you her spare coat! Just goes to show, there are lovely people hiding everywhere!

Little Mama said...

Hopefully I can send the warm weather back down to you for the rest of the week.

I think you should do something nice for the scheduler for being so nice and considerate of you.

Little Mama said...

By the way, how do I start a blog? I'm so new at this sort of thing, it's absolutely pathetic lol.

Melissa said...

It could be worse. You could be trying to de-ice your car...which is what you'd be doing in NY. We've had cold nights and pleasant days. You need a coat when you leave the house, but are carrying it when you leave work. I know you're not crazy about the job, but the scheduler is being a real doll. You got lucky with her. Hope the rest of the week is better.

Rudee said...

Just hang in there! I see 70s coming your way!

I spent an obscene amount of money on a winter coat this weekend, but I'm already wearing it in November, so it should pay for itself in cozy comfort right quick.

Teresa Kasner said...

Your scheduler is a doll. Do you have one of those little umbrellas that you can put in your purse? You need one. And a coat. And scarf, hat and gloves. Knit them, for pete's sake! And wear fingerless gloves at work, and a shawl. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Julie said...

Enjoy your two days off.
Hope the 'new to you coat' is warm and cosy

Carol said...

I hate the descent into winter. It's always so cold. In the spring the same temperature will have me saying 'It's so warm out!" but not in the fall it won't....Also, I hate scraping ice off my car window. I would gladly pay a kid to do that if any were willing to do so. So far, there are no takers. Boooooo...