Friday, November 11, 2011

Fiber Arts and Foto Friday


Re-started my Drops Tailored Cardigan.  Looking at other projects on Ravelry, I noticed this person knitted the body in one piece and added a moss stitch border.


I'm loving this BFL/silk that I spun this past winter, so soft.  Can't wait to have this finished and wear it.  It should be nice and warm.  This and grocery shopping is all that was accomplished on my two days off.  The cooler temps and higher humidity caused a nice fibro flare to start.


My daughter posted new pictures on her FB.  This is Faith my oldest granddaughter with her Uncle Avery my oldest son.   I just love this picture.


There is Faith holding her baby sister Anna.

It's 3:45 am, right now, in Tucson.  Wanna know why I'm sitting here posting at that ungodly hour when I need to be at work by 8:30am?  Duane's air condenser burnt the motor out at 2:30 am and I woke to the alarm sounding and the smell of plastic burning.  He called the company while I set up the small tank he uses to go out.  We are sitting here listening to the birds shouting from under the blanket because the light is on.  Dammit and Betty are hopping out of their box fort and staring at us funny.

 Minutes ago, a man named Jose came by with a new machine.  I have to wake up in an hour, to catch the bus.  I guess I should try to get some sleep.

Jose wrote the time on the receipt, so I can take it to work to show I've been up most of the night.  Let's hope the scheduler is still feeling kindly toward me and VGH's me out of there.

Happy Monday everyone.

PS. Happy Veteran's Day

6 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I can't wait to see the progress on your sweater. I am getting more comfortable with my knitting and spinning and now want to knit more projects using my handspun. Your sweater will be beautiful!

Kathryn Ray said...

That yarn is beautiful!!

Rudee said...

The turn around time on durable medical equipment can take forever--especially when it's the middle of the night. Good thing you had portable o2 you could rely on.

The BFL is just gorgeous. It's one of my favorite wools to spin.

Spinster Beth said...

I was looking at the previous post ... your garden makes me smile, too. I love how neat and tidy it all is!

Teresa Kasner said...

Well.. you sure have the bum breaks, m'dear! I know this is going to be a very long day... hope you get caught up on your rest tonight.
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Julie said...

Lovely family you have.