Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving for those who are celebrating.

I had the day off and yet I still got up at 5:30am. UGH!!  I'm thankful to be home and not taking calls for Drugs R Us, I can tell you that.



I needed to walk up to the CVS for evaporated milk to make the pumpkin pie.  Duane went with me and we shopped.  Our eyes lit up when we saw the biggest Whitman's Sampler box, ever.


It is about over 2 feet by 1 foot.  It's huge!!  Amazingly we didn't tear into when came home.  It's still sitting here in the plastic wrap.  The pie will probably wait til tomorrow's breakfast too.  (Note to self.  Put the pies away so Bright Eyes doesn't help herself.)

I'm thankful we're all still here together, though some of us are carrying scars from the year.  That we could afford to buy more food than 2 people, 4 cats, 3 rabbits and 18 birds could possibly eat.

My daughter called with good news.  Tuesday, the judge gave her immediate temporary full custody of Faith. Until they have a formal hearing.  Which the father said he's not going to even show up for.  That will bite him in the butt someday.  Nicole said, Duane and I can Faith for the summer.

After the holidays, I need to save up for a down payment on a car.  Then I was researching house rentals and found some 3 bedroom with 2 baths for just a couple hundred a month more than what we are paying.  After that, the plane money to fly up get Faith and come back.  Plus, pick up a puppy in Pennsylvania.  I've found the puppy I've been wanting for five years. I've researched this breed and it seems like it will fit in with our menagerie.


(Picture from Greenfield Puppies)

I told Duane this summer, I will fly up north and come back with a child and a puppy.  He rolled his eyes, thanks ever so much.

Me:  She's not three anymore.  She's seven.  Old enough that she can be of help to you.

Him:  Ok, Faith, go entertain the puppy.

We're excited to have her for the summer.  Seven should be the right age which will have lasting memories of coming to visit Mama and Pappa for the summer.  Thirty years from now she'll remember waking up to Mama's flock of birds chirping away in the living room.  

I have tomorrow off too.  No, I won't be participating in the Black Friday madness.  I work Saturday, then have Sunday and Monday off.  Maybe, I can actually get some spinning done during that time.

Stay safe if you're going out to face that madness that will be in the stores.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Lovely post. Woohoo.... I know what those choccies taste like, I had a box brought to the UK for me from a relative, enjoy!

Rudee said...

Too bad you have that Saturday scheduled. I bet it would have been nice to have a long, long weekend.

I can see where you'd think you have much to be thankful for this holiday. It was so touch and go there for awhile and in my humble opinion, any time any human survives ARDS, it's a gift, albeit one with scars. Each day you write about Duane's gains sounds better than the day before. Keep on! You're both obviously doing something right.

nursenikkiknits said...

So great to see you arrive at the end of the year and have so much to be thankful for. Thank goodness Thanksgiving isn't ummm any time between February and August! Sounds like it was a lovely day. Hope you had a restful one today - you have most certainly earned it! All the best to you both.

Teresa Kasner said...

I am so proud of you and Duane how you made it through this year and are now having so many wonderful things to look forward too! Woohoo! That is sooo awesome that you get your GD for the summer. So great! And that puppy.. she will love it!
((hugs)), Teresa :-)