Wednesday, October 05, 2011

I Shot Myself In The Foot

Wait! She did whaaat?!?

Yes, I screwed up last night and shot myself in the foot.  Sadly, I was the only one to do it.

We were told right from the beginning, not to lock ourselves out of the pharmacy software, or we would be locked out for two to three days.  Guess, what I did?

There is four log-ins to get the software going so we can take calls.  All last week they were having problems with the last log-in.  It was still a problem when we first came in yesterday.  The first four hours we did a review while we waited for them to fix it.  Well, they got it fixed during lunch break.  When we came back, it was it's all fixed, let's log in and start taking calls.

A picture of my roses to sooth my weary soul.

I was so nervous, that I locked myself out of the fourth log-in that they just fixed.  Just me.  Nobody else.  I realized what I did after the fact, but it was too late.  One of those moments you wish you could rewind a few minutes in time, yet still retain the knowledge of the screw-up.

The trainer got a team leader to come in and help everyone else. Because as soon as the calls started coming, everyone's hands shot up.  She called me up to the desk so I could give her my information.

I said, "I shot myself in the foot."

She nodded.

I said, "Their going to fire me."

She said, "No."

Then like the bad girl that I was, I was sent out of the room to y-connect and listen in on calls with someone out on the floor.  I sat there thinking, Crap, I'm going to have to y-connect for two days, then start my phone training far behind.  Good news is, it only took them about an hour to fix it.

It was after nine pm, so the calls were coming in slowly.  I took three calls.  First one hung up while I was trying to find their information, second one went smooth, third one hung up when I told them I needed to transfer them to the pharmacist.

Earlier in the evening, I got my schedule for next week.  It sucks.  I work from 2:30 to 11:00 the rest of the week til Saturday.  Then Sunday, I go in from 10:00 am to 6:30, Monday off, then Tuesday - Thursday 10:00 - 6:30 with Saturday off.   So, I'm going to come home Saturday night around midnight then have to get up at 6:00 am Sunday to get to work.

My friend that has been driving me back and forth, comes in later in the morning.  Which means, I'm going from walking no miles a day, to walking three/four miles a day.  Which was why I wanted to take the bus in every day, and she just take me home at night since the buses don't run that late.  That way, I could have worked my way up to the double walk.

It's just going to suck.  Working six days straight with one day off, then four days of walking, one day off.  I don't know my schedule after that.  I'm not a whiner and complainer.  Just stating the facts, the next couple of weeks is going suck. No way around it. I'm going to have to finish plying that llama this week.  Just can't imagine peddling that wheel after Sunday.

We can bring in arm weights and work out while we are taking calls.  I think I should get some of those.  I'm going to be pretty buff, walking three miles a day.  Might as well work out the top half too.  At home I use a can of beans for arm weights.  They already think I'm a bit crazy.  If I start swinging a can of beans around, I'm sure it will remove all doubt.  It's a work out and my dinner.

On a better note.  In the back, that's the yellow twins Baby and Tweety teamed up with the dastardly duo Pete and Repeat.  They love to play tag and leap bird.  They are my new living room fan when they get to fluttering around. There is quite a breeze.  I need to take a video of it for you.

Thanks for dropping by and reading about my crazy life.  Dammit bunny has asked me to remind you, he is posting tomorrow.  He's pretty excited about it. So remember to come back tomorrow.  I wonder what he has to say.  Hmmmm.


pinkundine said...

Uh, sounds like a tough day. I often wish life had an undo button - just for the last action, because I always seem to catch it just after I've done something I wish I hadn't

by Teresa said...

I can so relate to that whole scenario. I was trained for weeks on a phone job at a newspaper taking ads - my sister had worked there for years.. and I didn't make the cut. How do you think that made me feel? I took the little plant I'd bought for my desk and went out to wait for the bus and a bum was sitting next to me and I was sobbing and he put he gave me a big toothless grin and said it would be okay. Gahhhhhh.

I hope things smooth out for you. I simply cannot imagine having to walk all that way and those hours. You're a better woman than me.

Hugs, Teresa

melbatoast68 said...

Well, look at this this way. You made your big mistake at the beginning and got it out of the way. No worries now, it's done. You can move on.

You will be in great shape with all that walking - look for the positive :) and I'd take the cans in as weights. Who cares what they think? I've been at my current job for 6 years. It's been confirmed that I'm a weird and a little "off my rocker." They'll adjust.

kathy b said...

Im new to your blog... I LOVE The name of the bunny being damnit bunny!! I am trying to figure out what your job actually is....hmmmmm
THe only way I can get through a work schedule stretch like that is with lots of goodies. I pack calorie laden cookies and let myself stop at Starbucks on the way in. Then I get a massage or facial when its all over....
good luck
love your knitting

Rudee said...

I have been at my job going on 4 years now, and still, I lock myself out of the computer doing this with my password. You are not alone.