Friday, October 21, 2011

Fiber Arts and FO Friday

Thank goodness it's Friday!! One more day and three whole days off!!!



Little baby sweater and hat is finished.  Since time is NOT on my side, I'll need my daughter to do the finishing before she gives it my DIL.  Pagewood Farms Yukon colorway Navajo.  Basic top-down raglan sleeve sweater with a basic knit hat.


It's amazing how fast an upset grandmother can crochet.  Due to privacy issues I can't share what happened to my oldest granddaughter.  I just hope she can get some comfort.  I would need my daughter's permission and then it's a question of just how much one should share on a blog.  So, I will talk about the yarn.


I used Simply Soft, which is my favorite acrylic yarn to work with.  To me it feels like cotton.  Not cotton yarn, but cotton batts or balls.  Does anyone remember back when Johnson & Johnson made those sterile cotton rolls that came in the blue box?  Ours never stayed sterile for long as I was always opening the box and petting it when my Mom wasn't looking.


This evening I worked a little on my spinning.  Cupcake Fibers superwash bfl with some nylon.  I don't know how much I will get finished between now and Tuesday when I'm back to running for the bus, again.

Thanks for stopping by. Click the following links for more FO's  and Fiber Arts.

22 comments:

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Your sweater, hat and blanket look super and the fluffy cloud of fibre is beautifully bright

Tanya said...

Beautiful items, love the blankie especially.

Kerry said...

I especially like the blanket. Hope your grandaughter isn't too distressed.

Memo Box said...

Lovely items, I especially love the blanket :) Hope your Granddaughter's ok xxx

pinkundine said...

Beautiful blanket, hope it brings comfort as needed

WonderWhyGal said...

Your projects are great. Big hugs to you and your granddaughter. I really love the blanket. Your spinning is beautiful too.

Laura said...

That's a gorgeous blanket, and looks like just the kind of thing to offer comfort and hugs.

Karen said...

Everything looks great.
I hope your granddaughter will be OK.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I know I knit faster when I'm stressed. I'm glad you have an outlet for your stress. Hopefully things get better for your granddaughter soon!

Sandy said...

Sorry there was an issue with your granddaughter. Hope things get resolved in a manner that's positive. Lovely afghan. Crocheting is a great way to keep your mind on something pleasant.
Though I hate Caron SS yarn, it's the only acrylic I won't use. I find it really isn't appropriate gage wise, far thinner then true ww yarns, hate the way it separates when I crochet, minimally better to knit with. It's a shame, they have nice colors, but I don't even buy it now when it's on sale.

Love the cute little sweater and hat.

Tami Klockau said...

Oh no, I hope your granddaughter is okay! The blanket is gorgeous!

The sweater is soo cute and bright. I love it! Also, gorgeous fiber. Can't wait to see it all spun.

Unknown said...

The sweater and hat are adorable! The blanket looks so snuggly! I hope everything is okay/gets worked out for all of you.

erin said...

everything looks beautiful! I hope everything turns out well with your granddaughter =)

Voie de Vie said...

Love that Navajo colorway ... and the purple granny square blanket!

Take care of that granddaughter ...

Melissa Plank said...

The little sweater is darling and I'm sure that blanket will be a nice warm hug for your granddaughter. I'm sending good prayers and thoughts your way.

Anonymous said...

The little sweater,hat and the blanket are lovely. As a spinner I can say that, that fibre looks like a well prepared dream. Can't wait to see finished skein and finished object.
Willow4

Julie said...

Baby sweater and hat is so beautiful, a very lovely colour.
The blanket is amazing, so pretty.
I hope life turns a corner for your granddaughter and happiness heads into her life x

Melanie said...

Cute sweater! I like the matching hat, too.

Teresa Kasner said...

Dear Denise.. oh I hope for whatever is wrong with your granddaughter to resolve and be better quickly. Your sweater and hat will look great on the baby! Hang in there, ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Mrs H Knits said...

I like your fluffy blue 'cloud' it reminds me of candy floss.

Rachel said...

beautiful work x

Rudee said...

Even though you can't share, I send up a little prayer for peace for your granddaughter. I hope she is well.

I love your finished objects and the fiber on the wheel.