Sunday, March 06, 2011

Leveling Off

I really couldn't come up with a title.  I'm in an angry/frustrated phase of this.  Just angry and frustrated with the whole situation.  I guess acceptance comes next.  He's leveling off on his progress.  He's still progressing just not enough to pop off the ventilator any time soon, as the Dr. put it.  We shall see tomorrow when they are going to decide to put in the trach.

New nurse today.  I like her, which helps.  He's more alert for longer periods of time, with more periods of frustration.  I'm getting better at finding the right yes/no questions to ask.  I can only imagine his frustration with being unable to communicate.

Nothing has really happened in the last 24hrs worth the energy of typing.  I ran into a lady (almost quite literally) that told a friend she was there to rule out viral meningitis.  She was wearing a face mask, but still I was six inches away from her when she said that.  I moved away very quickly.  Went upstairs and asked the nurse about it. This was yesterday afternoon.  His nurse kept saying, "I bet you could have just shit yourself."  I was just worried about carrying back to D.

I have just a few more days, then I'll need to start seriously looking for a job.  Was really hoping he would be off the vent and out of ICU by now.  It's going to be really hard.

The cats are venting their stress, peeing inappropriately.  I put my clean black skorts on the bed, took a shower and when I went to put them on, wet on the backside.  I yelled at them about not needing unnecessary nonsense.

Got a fair amount of knitting accomplished.  It's back to where it was before I ripped it out.  Maybe it will be finished this week.  Then to decide what to work on next.


Yesterday, I took some time to spin for about 30 minutes. The BFL/silk natural color, I was working on in January.  About 2 or more ozs left to spin.  Then I will work on the merino/silk my friend from Phoenix brought me.   I needed a bit of me and spinning time.



I tried to get a picture of the baby bird for you.  It's two weeks old yesterday.  Mama would not leave the nest so I could get a better picture.  She and baby hollered at me something fierce for lifting that lid.  I noticed there is another full size egg in there, plus two that look too tiny to be hatchable.  This baby looks to be mostly white with a little black/grey.  We'll see in a week when the real feathers come in.



That's all for today. Thank you for stopping by.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Recovery is such a frustrating thing to watch from the outside. I cannot imagine how annoying it is from the inside! Are his hands tied down? Could he hold a magic marker over a notepad (big one probably) to write a word or 2 to explain what he needs/wants etc?

break a leg job hunting!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job hunt and congrats. on the new baby birdies.

Rudee said...

Today, I'm only going to comment on your spinning--luscious--and your knitting--gorgeous! You are really very talented. Maybe you could get a job in a local spot teaching the fine art of spinning yarn. That would be a dream job for me, but my work is really not as exquisite as what I see you produce.

Wish I could sit side by side and soak up your spinning talent.

You've encouraged me to finish the yarn I've been trying to make since October. Wish it well.

Melissa said...

I know that this is all very frustrating, but I'm so glad that you took some time for yourself. You won't do yourself or D any good if you wear yourself out. You are doing great.

Teresa Kasner said...

Hi Denise, I wish you didn't have to get a job.. but Rudee had a good suggestion, look in someplace where you'd be happy being there. Even Michael's Craft store or a LYS or something. Better even a spinning shop?

What a bummer that this had to happen. Sorry, my dear. Hugs from Teresa

Chrissy said...

If nothing else this whole thing has shown you how much you are capable of doing. I hope this is reassuring when you are looking for a job. You can do it! Sorry it is necessary for you because of the circumstances forcing you to do it, but hopefully you will be able to manage it now.

Kathleen said...

I can feel your pain and frustration in your posts. I wish there was more I could do for you. I'll keep praying for you, your DH and his doctors and nurses.