Thursday, December 23, 2010

Did She Make It?

I know those of you who have been following along the past few weeks are wondering if I finished those hats in time to mail out for Christmas.


From Knitting Kitties


The answer is yes, by a very narrow margin.  The last stitch was knitted at 6:45am Tuesday with the last notes of Whole Lotta Love playing.  To Dammit's pleasure I put his Led Zeppelin dvd 2nd disc in and let just re-play 3 times as I sat up all night knitting.


From Knitting Kitties


D kept telling me it wouldn't matter if I sent them out later.  However, it would have mattered to me.  I needed to prove to myself I could set my mind to doing something and get it finished.  Even after it got to the point I no longer wanted or liked doing it.


From Knitting Kitties


I will head into the New Year with a sense of accomplishment, knowing I can accomplish the goals I have set for myself.  It would have helped me to finish with less distractions and Santa Claus could bring me one of these.



When I got back from the post office Tuesday, it looked like a horrible rain storm poured on just our complex while I was away that short time.  A pipe burst right next the manager's and my apartment. Very close to the spot we had the leak back in October.  I ran inside to check my corner and was glad to find it dry.  There was no way I could handle another episode of flood with no sleep.  So, I slept from Tuesday afternoon until finally this morning, only getting for a couple hours then deciding to go back to bed.  I wanted to post for WIP Wenesday, however I had a migraine from the tension and the low pressure system that went through.


From Knitting Kitties


Full pictures and details of these hats tomorrow for FO Friday.  They should have received the package by then.

I won an ornament from Teresa's blog and it came over the weekend.  Thank you Teresa, it looks good on my bare little Charlie Brown tree.


From Knitting Kitties
From Knitting Kitties

The girls have been taking advantage of Butterscotch's mild nature and beating on him the past few days.  They've done this before and he gets very paranoid and hides.  I have to bring him out of hiding to make sure he eats and drinks.  I wish I knew what was the cause of them doing this.  Especially when they find his hiding spot at 2am and we are awaken by a huge cat fight.


From Knitting Kitties
Butterscotch says, "I really hope Santa brings me an invisibility shield." 

7 comments:

Cookie said...

Yay!

Julie said...

Congrats on completing the hats in time, they are amazing

Melissa said...

Yea!!! I knew you'd make it! I hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas!!

Teresa Kasner said...

Dear Denise,

Congrats on the hat finishing!! Woo hoo!! Love the photo of the 3 guys with them on!

I'm sOOooo glad you got my crocheted heart and that it's on your tree. :-)

:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:
*M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:

Teresa

Ames and Tash said...

Congratulations on finishing the presents. I feel the same - make a commitment and must finish crafting to give. Happy Christmas xo

- said...

Still laughing about the hats! Butterscotch is just the cutest. You mentioned solitude for Christmas...that's what I want, and I'm already thinking about what to crochet next! That is relaxation to me. Have the most wonderful, relaxing Christmas solitude you can find! You know it won't last Denise! Happy New Year too.

lovestitch said...

Oh so beautiful hats! They're really in my dream! I just wish I could be talented as you are! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!