Friday, December 24, 2010

FO Friday

If you are a FB friend of mine you would have already saw a preview.  The gifts were all gladly received yesterday and promptly ripped open.  My oldest son was the first to call and put me on speaker phone.  First thing he said was, "Mom, why did you knit humping deer on our hats?"


From Knitting Kitties


He took a picture of the three of them and posted it to his FB page, stating they need sweaters to match their hats.  Yeah, he has high hopes.


From Knitting Kitties


Left to right, Jacob (my youngest), David (their father), Avery (oldest son).


From Knitting Kitties
From Knitting Kitties


Details:  These were knit with fingering weight superwash merino that I dyed.  Cast on 128 sts, knit 2 purl 2 ribbing.  Then I doubled into each stitch to create a double sided fabric.  Chart pattern: Fornicating Reindeer

My daughter called and hopefully she will get a picture of my granddaughter with her hat on Saturday.  I wasn't able to finish the afghan in time.  It will be an after New Year surprise for her. Mom got her cowl in time for her to head out of town today.  We'll see if my brother gets a picture of her.

All this deadline knitting, I've been lacking in my housework.  Courtesy of or borrowed from Hyperbole And a Half this is me today.


From Knitting Kitties

I plan on spending the rest of the holiday in quiet solitude, as D has to work tomorrow.  D bought me this kit two years ago, so this is what I'm working on at the moment.  Over the weekend, I'll probably bounce from project to project like a butterfly on meth. 


We hope you have a Merry Christmas and that you get to spend the holiday exactly the way you want to.