Saturday, November 20, 2010

Just Another Saturday

When I was very young, my grandmother used to tell me my eyes were bigger than my stomach when I would fill my plate on nights when supper was my favorite foods.  Apparently, not much has changed, except it is with my knitting or crafting in general.  I thought I would have one or two things finished for Friday.  Alas, when I woke up yesterday I still had a foot to knit on the second sock and half-way on the cowl.  I blame it on the spinning wheel.  D wanted to get an early start on the errands and we were off and running for the bus.

I get a kick out of the pet aisle of the Wal-Mart we go to get the bunnies pebbles and hay.  They have big bags of horse and chicken feed right next to the small pet supplies.  D reminds every time that there ranches on the eastside near by.  I just can't imagine a rancher going to Wal-Mart instead of a livestock feed store.

Teresa posted this week about yarn she found to make her granddaughter's hats. I found a skein and D got it for me.


From Knitting Kitties


Then we found a small Christmas tree, it is so pretty. I did a little dance when D said we could get it.  It's still in the box.  I don't care to put up decorations much before December 1, because I'm quite thoroughly sick of them by Christmas.  But who knows what he might get up to on his days off.

When we got back home, Di and I hung out on her patio, looking through the store ads.  She takes me to do my big grocery shopping on Fridays.  I wished she let me know what she was up to before we left.  We drove out to the desert to look for devil horns to send to my swap partner.  Except we didn't find any and I didn't know what I was looking for anyway.  A Google search only brought up this photo.
Cacti with devil horns

I stumbled around on the rocks, wearing my healed sandals and a very short dress. You have be very careful wandering in the desert, besides rattlesnakes, scorpions and havalina, the vegetation is armed and dangerous. A stumble can give quite an injury with cactus spines. I wish I had known and brought my camera along.

This morning I had to take a walk to run my own errands.  Phew, I'm exhausted and sore, the only thing that doesn't hurt is my hair.  I'm up to walking 2.5 every other day, but two days in a row not so much.  Actually, I probably walked way more than 2.5 miles yesterday.

I signed up for an international swap.  Due to a mishap with a couple bills I couldn't send my package 2 weeks ago when I had planned to.  It's all sent out as of this morning.  I got my package last week, but I didn't want to open  it until I sent mine out, but my swap partner insisted and Di twisted my arm.  I just didn't want to tempt fate, or bad karma and I'm pretty sure that jerk Murphy and his nasty law runs amuck.


From Knitting Kitties


She sent me yarn to make an African flower bag.  Plus, many more extra goodies. I love that little London bus  keychain.


From Knitting Kitties


This lovely cowl. I just love the way the buttons match the yarn perfectly.  I reused her box to send back to her as it was sturdier than the ones I had.  It is positively packed, stuffed with yarn.  The postman said it would take 2 weeks because of the holiday.  I just rolled my eyes.  They don't celebrate Thanksgiving in the UK.  Some people are so Americancentric.  I believe it should be on a ship or whatever before Thursday.  So now, I find I'm anxious for it arrive.

I want to thank you all for your nice comments on Thursday.  They made me smile and Carol's made me laugh.  My brain has a habit headed to the gloomy side and start picking at everything.  I know who those people are and they have no business wandering in my thoughts.


From Knitting Kitties


I finished spinning the pink alpaca and now I'm onto the tussah silk. It's spinning up much easier than I remembered.  Maybe it's just my skills are getting better with the futzy stuff.


From Knitting Kitties


Momma said Poppa bought us a tweat to share for Bunday.  I weally hope it's something yummy.  Remember to stop by for part 2.

7 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

I love it that you got the Jacquard yarn! Are you following the little legging pattern on the label? It's working up really cute, isn't it!!

You deserve the Beautiful Blog Award!

((hugs)) Teresa

Chrissy said...

ooo mini jaffa cakes - yum! You got a great haul there! I love swaps, they always make me feel so good when I send out a package for a complete stranger.

Dina said...

Wow you have been BUSY! I am in awe of the spinning

Anonymous said...

I have a couple of cactusususuesese (cacti?) but I've no idea what type. I suspect they do much better in the American SW than they do in the English NW!

Fickle Cattle said...

Swaps sound like a lot of fun. It's like having a penpal, but you get stuff instead. Hahaha.

http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

You have been one busy lady! I'm sure you'll enjoy everything in your swap package. Fair warning - Jaffa cakes are addictive...YUMMY!

Julie said...

The jacquard yarn is a lovely colour, nice cowl too.

Nice swap package!