As Nippit announced Teresa picked us for Beautiful Blogger award. Thank you Teresa for thinking of us. I tend to agree with Nippit, she is the beautiful one.
I'm supposed to give you 10 facts about me and then pick some people. Both are going to be hard. I'm pretty dull and I visit a ton of beautiful bloggers every week. Some things will be old news to my 4 long time followers. You know who you are and I appreciate that you've stuck with me during my ups and even more downs.
1. If money and health were no object I would live somewhere in the countryside of the UK, in a cozy cottage. There would be tons more animals than I already have. When I walked to the village to do my shopping, the villagers would whisper about how I might be a witch living out there with all my animals.
2. My maternal grandmother was born in Utrecht, Netherlands and came over on a ship with her Mom when she was just 2 months old. There is a bit of a mystery surrounding her birth certificate, which just became public document this year, but I came seem to bring it up online. I would love to go over and see her birthplace and her Mother's village of Dordrecht.
3. I hate mashed potatoes and hard boiled egg yolks. It's a texture thing and I just can't swallow them. In fact, I almost quit nursing school because I was so horrified having to feed the elderly patients bowls of mashed potatoes.
4. Even though I worked as a nurse, I have phobia of venipunctures, on me or anyone else, I get dizzy and faint. That's why I stuck to geriatrics because the lab would come do them.
5. Even though I injured my back 11 years ago, while fighting with my medicine cart and an elevator, I still have high hopes I can mind over matter this whole chronic pain thing and go back to work.
6. My favorite foods are turkey and tomatoes. I could eat both every day and be happy as a clam, that's if clams are happy. I never asked one if it was.
7. I met D on a writing forum 9 years ago. A year later I flew to Tucson from NY to meet him and the town. Two months later he flew up and drove my boys and I down. After 5 months there were problems back home so we moved back. Now D and I are back down here again.
8. My favorite movie and book is Fried Green Tomatoes At The Whistlestop Cafe. Ruth is most like me, but sometimes I wish I were Idgie. When I get old, I want to be Jessica Tandy.
9. I'm not a daytime TV person. I used to watch General Hospital until I started working as a nurse, then I was too busy to keep up with it and just never went back. My newest guilty pleasure is watching The Talk. The women seem to be more down to earth than that other women's talk show. Not that I watched more than a few bits in the residents rooms when I brought their meds in. I just love Sharon Osbourne and was disappointed when her show was cancelled. Did you know she knits? I think it was on her show she mentioned it. I wasn't surprised because back then I thought that was a law that all British women knit. Anyway, she's someone I could sit in a pub, have a pint and knit with.
10. Because I'm at a total loss as to what else to write. D mentioned to Di on Friday night, while we were eating his homemade pizza, that I knit him a pair of socks once and he loved them, til the wore out. We were discussing it getting cold and that if I made him a hat he wouldn't wear it. Sigh.
Now to pick some people. This is even harder. I crossed off those that I noticed got the award before. Still pretty hard.
Dyed In The Wool
Five Cats From Crazy
Tami's Amis and Other Crochet
Wandering Cat Studio
Finally, I found this video on Bead Knitter's blog. It's so perfectly D and I that I had to post here.