Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Here we are again, another year has gone by since last WIPW.  My weeks are years, people.

Because of pushing to finish the sweater last Friday and all the other things that have went on, not much progress has been made to the sock.  I'm about finished with the first calf gusset increase and about to start the second one.  Pattern Lacy Cables Knee Socks

I have another ounce of BFL/silk fluff to go, maybe a little less than an ounce.  This was started back in January.  I 've needed a little meditation so I'm rewarding myself with a little spinning in between cleaning tasks.

I'm wanting to get this finished up and start on the merino/silk fiber K brought down with from Phoenix back when D was first in ICU. (too lazy/tired to look up the post)  I will be spinning that a two-ply laceweight.

 TUSAL is coming up again and I haven't added anything to my ORT jar.  Every time I pick up a skein of floss Butterscotch has magically found and tossed around, I sigh about how nice it would to spend an afternoon stitching.  A couple days ago, rather than get together all the parts to a WIP or SWIP, I pulled out a kit I hadn't started and took that with me.  I know, if you had any idea how many projects I have going you would be wagging your finger at me and calling the Finishing Police to confiscate my stash.

I found a picture on  Four Seasons Floral  Is what it will look like, should I actually ever finish it, or the hundred billion other things I have started.  At least, I did keep myself from starting another HAED picture that has been tempting me. One of many.

That is all for the stitching progress.

Isn't it great he is standing to the walker.  Today, he stood up and took four steps.  At this point, he meets my requirements from coming home.   Except now we are waiting on the agenda of the Dr.s, nursing home and the ALTCCS insurance.

Poor Dot Whooten. (I'm referencing. Standing in the Rainbow. For those of you who haven't read the previous few days. I've officially changed my name to Dot Whooten.)  Yesterday, the lady at the insurance company called and said they hadn't received the paperwork the nursing home mailed over a week ago.  She was supposed to get back to me today, but has not.  She said, if I haven't gotten it yet, I just don't know what to do.  Oh thanks. (rolls eyes)  Apparently he should "probably" be approved medically, just need this financial stuff finished.

Thanks to this weekend's adventure, I have extra cleaning and now I'm working harder trying to get it done.  I'm tackling the kitchen first.  I could really use the organization cleaning skills of Dina right now.  I'm betting if she saw the place she would tell me to just throw a match.  Yes, it's bad, with the clutter and dust.

This morning, I'm standing in the laundry area, washing the nasty towels full of toilet water, when the manager pokes his head in and startles me.  I knew there would come a point in time, I just didn't think it would happen days after upstairs BS.  The owner's son called and wanted to know what we are going to do.  He said, I don't mean to be a cold-hearted bastard, but they have gotten two months free so far.  Which, I just glared at the manager, it was agreed that we would pay the back rent. If he kicks us out it will be free, because I won't pay it.  So, I told him what I'm working on the SSD and being his paid caregiver or getting a job.  I can only do what I can.  Can't force government agencies to push paperwork any faster than they are going to. Once everything is settled we'll pay a month and half every month til we're caught up.

Then I mentioned the carpet.  He asked if the leaking had stopped.  I if it hadn't I would have already been at his door.  I told him, I poured Lysol on it while it was still drenched.  Now that it is damp, I've sprinkled baking soda on it, to cut down the smell.  Then once it dries I'll use some Woolite rug cleaner I have.  He said, if you really need it, I can call some cleaners in.  (with a please don't ask me to tone)  I said, that' ok. I'm taking care of it and trying to save you money not cost you more.  (Inferring upstairs stupidity.)  He said, ok, I'll talk to the son again and see what I can do for you.

My friend is leaving for San Diego tomorrow.  She will be gone until Sunday.  I'm trying to work out with staff to catch rides in and back with them for the next few days.  It's good thing we live pretty close by.  That mile walk in the heat on Monday was a killer.  I'll do it again if I have to.

How nice for me.  Google says it should cool down to 80F on Saturday for my birthday.  I'm turning 90. (Wait, I've seen your picture on here.  You're not turning 90 years old.) Yes, my birth certificate says I'll be 45.  However, I figure I've been through more in my lifetime than two or three people, so I'm turning at least 90 in life experience. I've only wrote about the tip of the iceberg.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

With all that's going on right now, it might be a week or two before I can get stuff sorted to list for sale.  I really want to thank those of you who have donated and bought some time. There isn't words enough in any language to express my appreciation and gratitude.

Just to show D and I aren't sore losers, we want to congratulate the Canucks on winning.  D says they deserve it, it wasn't an easy game.

Thanks for stopping by.  Please take a minute to say hello.  It's the best part of blogging is to read everyone comments.


by Teresa said...

Wow, Denise.. wet carpet and demanding landlord.. I bet you're ready to pull your hair out. So sorry. Check your PayPal.. we sent you a little help.

Just got home from the beach... sure is tiring having fun. :-)

Rudee said...

I hope things get better soon. It can't be easy, Denise.

Those socks. Hmm. Gorgeous. I'm tempted, but wow, knee highs are a big commitment. I'll think about joining you. Maybe.

Heather said...

Beautiful socks, and I am so glad that the walker action is happening! Please, take 2 minutes and cuddle with the bunnies, the kitties, or the birds, with your eyes closed and breathing deeply to relax yourself. I so wish that I was closer so I could help you out.

Dina said...

slowly but surely, step by step you are getting there. Love the color of the sock. Broke down and signed up for a spinning class. May have to pick your brain at some point!

Tami Klockau said...

I'm so glad he's improving each day and so close to coming home!

The socks are beautiful!

nursenikkiknits said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday! I hope you get a moment for yourself today.
I feel like every post D is a little closer to getting home. I hope you do too.
The sock is looking great. I'm impressed.