Sunday, September 26, 2010

Indecisions And Sunday Randomness

I've been wanting to go through my quilting fabric and sort it out for some time.  I have a ton of organizing to do. One of the biggest problems of moving for someone with many creative hobbies besides packing everything up, is the sorting and organizing afterward.


From Knitting Kitties
To the left is stack and whack quilt blocks I bought from ebay a long while back.  I still can't decide how I want to arrange them.  I have about a yard of the matching fabric.



From Knitting Kitties
That is the rest of the Marcus Brothers Pansy fabric I was able to find when they re-released some of them a couple years ago.  I had the whole collection when they came out about 8 years ago, but I lost it a move.

From Knitting Kitties
This piece of fabric, I bought several years back at Joann Fabric Black Friday sale.  I had just pulled the bolt off the shelf and was looking at it, when a woman came up and tried grabbing it out of my hands.  I hung on and she said, "You not buying all of that are you?"  There wasn't much on the bolt and I should have said yes. Before I could answer, "Do you think you will be getting just a yard?"  Still kinda shocked at her rudeness, I just stammered, "Probably." 

"Well, then I want the rest." she demanded glaring at me.

I had hoped with crowd in the store we would ditch her and we would have.  We went to the back in the home fabrics to wait for cutting.  Then my mom went to the front area and came back saying that area was moving faster and we should go up there.  We no more than got in line when psycho lady swooped down on me.  "I thought I lost you."  She snatches the fabric out of my cart.  "I'm having my stuff cut now, so I'll have the clerk cut off your yard, and I'm getting the rest."  She dashed back to the cutting counter before I could protest. 

I looked at my Mom and said, "I knew we should have stayed in the back of the store."  So Mom, went up to the counter to make sure I got my yard, which the clerk gave her.  Mom stayed there for a second longer and saw that the lady only got 2/3 of a yard.  Psycho glared at the clerk then turned to my Mom like she was going to snatch the yard from her. Mom just spun on her heal and walked away. 

Now, it might be said that maybe she had that fabric at home and needed more.  Had she politely said that, I would have let her have the fabric.  I'm a "too nice" person.  However, she was rude, and I still regret that I let her run over me like that.


From Knitting Kitties

Little by little, I've been collecting fabrics that sort of go with it.

From Knitting Kitties

I got this fabric to make a pillow out of a rose I'm cross stitching. However, when I started it, the rose is more yellow than peach that the cover picture showed. I haven't decided if I want to use that in a quilt or find another cross stitch rose pattern that will work out better.

That wasn't even the tip of tip of the ice berg of my fabrics. I have four 50 gallon Rubbermaid totes to go through. Then to decide which fabric will go with which. Hardest of all for me to decide what pattern I want use. When my kids were very young all my quilts were made of scraps of left other from making their clothes or quarter yards I would buy on sale. Back then 100% cotton was between 1.99 and 2.49 full price. For some reason I didn't have as much trouble deciding what I wanted to do.

From Knitting Kitties

I wandered around the ABC Stitch Therapy site looking at rose patterns. Then came across this painted needlepoint canvas. Pansies are one of my favorite flowers especially blue, purple and pink ones. This kit. Is $170.00. Yeah, that will be sitting in my wishlist for awhile.

From Knitting Kitties
Fresh produce makes me absolutely giddy. Nothing says summer and fall like fresh produce.  I love all the possibilities of it.  It's what I miss most about home, the Saturday Farmer's Markets and roadside stands. It seems not much other than cactus grows in the desert.

Watch out for baked good coming soon.  I need to go decide what I want to make pretty quick, fresh produce won't sit and wait for me like fabric. 

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Those are all really pretty fabric
I can't believe how rude some people can be!

Marushka C. said...

Oh no, you're making me want to learn to quilt! Those fabrics are wonderful -- I love, love, love the pansies.