Friday, September 19, 2008

An Inspiring Day part 1

It was an inspiring show, as we knew it would be. Mom and I found this gem of a show, a decade ago. However, the following years we didn't know the dates, and missed out. Luckily, last year we were at one of the vendors just before the show. I made sure to get on the mailing list, so we wouldn't miss out this year. We didn't know last year, we could bring cameras, and were disappointed to see others with cameras and not have ours.

I took so many photos, while I won't put all of them on here, it will take a couple posts to do justice. Also for consideration of those with dial-up connections.

We'll start with a congregation of Cuddle Quilts. They distribute them to local children in need. They have made over 3,000 since 1991.

005006007008


In the back two ladies are knitting prayer shawls for their ministry. Mom and I had a nice long chat with Peggy, on the left. I gave her my blog address, "Hi Peggy." It was to talk to other knitters, a meet a fellow Ravelerer.

To show how strange I am, I recognized the teddy fabric in the fourth fabric, is fabric I used 19 years ago in a quilt for my youngest son.

This Cuddle Quilt really stood out. 010

There wasn't as much needlework this year as last. I forgot to get pictures of the knitting and crochet. Bad me.

I was delighted to find a Jan Houtman Patchwork Sampler. I've long been a fan of his designs.
012

Much work went into this one, with a nice story. I blackend out the last name for exhibitor privacy.

020021

There were small quilts, as well.

017015

Many spectacular and inspiring ones.

023065
042056

Perfect for fall. This made me want to tear through my fabric stash and start sewing.

088089

That is all I have energy to upload right now. After the show, I did my weekly grocery shopping. Ready for a second cane to hold my weary legs up, I was glad for the grocery cart to hold me up.

The particulars for any locals who may pop by before tomorrow. It is at United Methodist Church of North Chili, 2200 Westside Drive at Buffalo Road, Rochester, NY. Saturday September 20, 9-5. Donation $4.00 or $3.00 with food donation. The food collected will go Spencerport Food Shelf.

I will definitely make sure to get my finished projects ready to exhibit there next year. Hoping to get information to be a vendor. I should have all my fabrics, threads, yarn and spinning fiber dyed and ready be then. I really hope so.

While you're waiting for the next installment, you might want to sit in their tea room for refreshments.

103

True to my nature of not being faithful to my projects, I wound this handspun I finished last week into a ball. 785 yards of Avalon BFL from Crown Mountain Fibers, about 20 wpi of 3ply. This has plans to be a top down raglan cardigan, I have designed in my head. Yes, I should be finishing those footies. We'll talk about my rotation methods on another day.

004

5 comments:

Carol said...

always bring your camera. You might not pull it out, but you can if you have it....Impressive show of quilts, I must say!

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise! SueR from plurk here...what lovely pics! You and your mom must have had a lovely day. Looking at all those beautiful quilts kinda makes me feel like a slug! I will be lucky if I finish the one I'm working on now. :o)

CeliaAnne said...

Those are just lovely.

Roseann said...

What gorgeous quilts! They are so very inspiriational. I have this idea to design a Fair Isle sweater based on quilt colors. Your post has lots of pretty choices.

Turquoise is one of my favorite colors so I look forward to your top down raglan cardigan.

Caitlin & Colin are 5 month old King Charles Cavaliers, thank you for asking about them.

Jessica said...

What a feast for the eyes! I've never been to a quilt show but I may just have to go find one now. Lovely looking handspun too!