Thursday, September 11, 2008

In The Pink

It's pink day. Yesterday was pink, I know. Duck's favorite color is pink, I think she sends me telepathic messages when I dye. Here she is in her sweater. I still need to sew on the buttons. Ack! I don't know why, but I dread button sewing.

017

I cropped out some of the clutter.

It's been an FO for awhile and posted in Ravelry three times, I present you my Maude.
Specs:
yarn: 3 ply 22wpi handspun merino/angora/silk, dyed in splotches of pink, coral and peach. After it was dried, I was excited to spin and totally forgot to get pictures of the fiber. I split the top lengthwise in 3 sections and weighed each. Broke off a piece here and there so all weighed the same. My scale must have burped or maybe it was my spinning, but I had enough singles left on one bobbin to Navajo ply 56 yards. (small skein next to the ball) Out of 8oz, 945 yards, I had 2.2 oz about 220 yards (I'm estimating with the yardage) leftover.

needles: size 2, 5 and 3 US I used the 2's for the neck ribbing, 5's for the lace and 3's for the body ribbing.

Pattern: Maude

It was a simple enough pattern. The charts for the beginning of the lace were a bit confusing, but I figured it easy enough. I'm a 34 bust and I used the size for 32-34, it has a bit of ease, I need to grow a third boob in the center to fill it out.

(click for bigger)

012013001014001016

I have more of this fiber, I'm going to dye in shades of violet, blue and turquoise. If I decide to make this again, I think I'll make the neckline smaller. It keeps drooping off my shoulders. I'm thinking of just using the basic shape as a baseline and create something different.

In the theme of this title, I update Kreative Kitties with a few things today.

004008014015

Finally, Dammit wants to know why is the child laying on the floor, is she awake?

003002

3 comments:

Carol said...

Teh bunnies and teh kidlet iz teh cute!

Opal said...

Duck's sweater is adorable! You have lovely fibers too!

Daniele said...

I still have a sweater in the closet that I've been wearing for over a year that has buttonholes and no buttons!!

Love that sweater, AND a new on-line magazine! Thanks for sharing Denise! I already printed out the pattern. :)