I'm still here. This weeks WIP offerings are sparse.
The lacy cowl turned snood is now at 14 inches. About a weeks worth of bus rides left to go.
I just have a few rows to go on my mom's sock and I turn the heels. It should go pretty quick after the heel turns, I hope. These need to be ready to mail out by next Tuesday.
I sometimes wonder if people stop by to see what bad luck will befall me next. It certainly can't be my mad knitting and spinning skills, lately.
1. Tuesday sucked. It rained all day and night. Rained while I walked the two miles to work, then the two miles back to the bus stop, plus the 30 minutes I had to wait for the connecting bus.
2. Knitting with sparklie mohair is not a good idea on a damp bus ride.
3. When drink Coffee Mate non-dairy creamer, you can't tell that stuff has went bad until you are very sick. Yes, I'm very sick. Let your imagination work for you. I'll spare the TMI.
4. Refrigerator still isn't fixed, and now everything in the fridge part is spoiled.
I've spent almost enough for a down payment for a car in the past three months from this refrigerator breaking down.
5. Yes, I'm still going to work while sick.
6. The learning curve on making candy in the desert verses back home in NY is pretty steep. I thought the fact that it was raining and high humidity would help. It did not and the fudge is dry. Back to the drawing board sometime between now and next Tuesday.
7. Duane thinks Not Quite Nigella is a genius for coming up with bacon, honey, maple caramels. That was one thing that turned out right. Plus, the apple pie.
It's just another week in the life of probably the unluckiest person you'll ever know. Those of you have been who have been reading for the past year, just think... That's just one year of forty-five that I've been living this. I've reached the point where I have been many times in my life where I sit back and just wait for what's next with unamused interest.
This seems a good theme song for me right now.
In the clearing stands a boxer
And a fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders
Of ev'ry glove that layed him down
Or cut him till he cried out
In his anger and his shame
"I am leaving, I am leaving"
But the fighter still remains
We'll get the Christmas spirit going here eventually between now and Christmas. Life just has us a bit derailed at the moment. But what else is new.
After three days of no sun, it finally shined during my last break today and I ran out to the parking lot to stand in it. I figure ten minutes of sunlight should be worth 10mg Paxil. Then I got sick and had to run back inside. Sorry, I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself these past few days. Will try better in the next post.
Tomorrow's horoscope = hopeful.
Approaching events will push to the limit during this somewhat testing period. Be confident and trust in your abilities. Don't let the opinions of others dissuade you from your convictions; instead use any confrontation to build up and solidify the arguments for your own position. You may well discover one or two opportunities for improvement.
For more WIPS by people who actually work on them go to <a href="http://tamisamis.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">Tami's Amis.</a>