Wednesday, December 07, 2011

WIP Wednesday

It's sad, I came home from work and almost too tired to pull out the camera. But, pull it out I did.  Somebody give me a cookie.

I'm up to eleven inches on my lacy cowl turned snood.  Another nine inches to go.  I'm averaging about over an inch a day on my bus rides and I'm thinking I'll have this finished in time for the weather to warm back up.  Hard to take a good picture at night.  It's actually a bright sky blue with sparkles.  I'm thinking about putting this away to finish the next project first.

Over the weekend I started a pair of two at time toe-up socks in Wendy Knits' pattern Seaweed.  I'm getting addicted to these toe-up sock patterns lately.  Using Pagewood Farms Yukon in Navajo colorway.  I know I said I wasn't doing giftmas knitting this year, but  I make my mother something knitted every Christmas.

In 2007, when I got my Workman's Comp settlement, I bought her an embroidery sewing machine for her birthday that she wanted so very much.  She took the classes, but has yet to use it.  I've knitted her two pairs of socks, a pair of leg warmers and cowl since then and she uses those every winter.  Therefore, I make sure her gifts are all of the knitted kind from now on.

I've put a few more inches on my Bellevue cardi since last Wednesday.  Work on this has since been suspended due to the above.

Back on October 21, I ordered a skein of yarn from a dyer that was having  special edition colorways.  When I didn't hear anything within two weeks, other than order confirmation, I went back to the site.  I didn't read when I ordered that it would take 3-4 weeks for the yarn to be dyed.  Ok, delayed gratification.

November 21 came and went, but I waited until last Monday the 28th to send an e-mail inquiring whether the yarn had been mailed yet.  I got a reply within a few hours stating they got an overwhelming response for the yarn.  That my yarn would be mailed the next day and that if I didn't get it in a few days to e-mail again and they would send a tracking number.  I thought hmm, but ok.  Well, you know this past week, I had been sick.

Last night, still no yarn had arrived.  I sent off another e-mail inquiring whether it had been sent yet before I went to bed.  I came home tonight to a reply stating that my yarn had been sent out but was returned to them that the bar code had been damaged.  They re-sent it out today with a new bar code.  I'm a bit suspicious about this.

Anyway, Duane says I should blog about the company when I finally, if ever get the yarn.  But I've read in places not to give a bad review as that is someone's lively hood.  What to do?

Thank you all for you sympathetic comments to my health miseries this week.  I was able to heal most it with whooping doses of Vit C and gallons of water.  Now, I'm just feeling really run down.  I bought some Vit B complex when I bought the C on Monday.  Just waiting for that to kick in.  The bottle claims it's supposed to boost energy, immunity and metabolism.  I'm making Duane take one every night too.  At the end of the month we will assess if it helped any.

Have a great week, everyone. For more WIPS by people who actually work on them go to Tami's Amis.


by Teresa said...

I am so impressed with your 2 at a time socks. I was ready to commit hari kari only doing ONE pair of socks. I can't imagine doing 2 at a time. Love all the blue of your projects. That's neat that your mom uses the knitted things.. too bad she isn't using the expensive embroiderer! Glad you got rid of that cold sore!
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

melbatoast68 said...

Glad you are feeling better. I read somewhere that it takes about two weeks for the Vitamin B to kick in. As always, I am so impressed with your knitting. I hope to learn the two sock at a time method soon. Take Care!

Sandy said...

So nice to have your daily commute time to knit. Love the lace and I wouldn't want to put that inch a day sounds pretty good to me...doing lace takes time.

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

I guess wait until you receive the yarn, and blog about the full experience once you can talk about the product too. If the yarn is amazing, someone will be happy to wait in order to have it! I would say it helps to share your concerns with the company first before blogging - I know that is what I'd hope for if someone didn't like one of my patterns or FOs that I sell. (And your projects look great, by the way!)

Heather said...

Glad you're feeling better, I also just bought Vitamin B for us around here. I'm adding it to the morning smoothies I'm making. Doesn't seem to upset my stomach that way, a lot of times vitamins make me sick.

Love your new projects, I tried 2 socks at once one time. I ended up with a tangled mess. I am so not coordinated! Hope your handdyed yarn comes soon, I buy from several small companies, and consider the wait times part of the charm. I'm just weird that way I guess lol!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Seems wise to stick to knitted gifts for Mom - she certainly seems to appreciate them and make good use of them. Gorgeous yarn!

And what a pretty colour for your Bellevue cardi! I can't wait to see that one finished.

As for the yarn dyer, I'd still wait and see. Presumably her talents lay in the dyeing and not so much in customer service and communications. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait. Once you get it, I'd review it and simply comment that delivery was delayed several times.

Rudee said...

I've never tackled toe up socks. Perhaps it's time I tried. You inspire me.

Carol said...

at least the company got back to you!