Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday, Monday

Just can't trust that day.  In which we all stop by to see what happened this week.

Last week, I told Monday it needs to stop dropping by every week.  This morning, I woke up and stepped in a great big ole pile of it.  Monday.  The good thing about it was I was off.  Restraining orders against Monday are in the process.



It was cold and rainy today.  A good day stay home and mess around in the kitchen.  I finally made that apple pie, I kept saying I was going to make but didn't.

Then I noticed, the refrigerator is on the fritz, yet again.  It's turned up to nine and just barely keeping things cool. The repair man kept saying he was coming.  Until the manager called him again at 6pm and he said, tomorrow.  The manager said, and in the meantime their food is going bad.




My yarn I ordered on October 21st arrived.  It wasn't exactly was I was expecting compared to the picture I saw on the website.  I will review it in another post.



Then I made bacon honey maple caramels for Duane.  He and I got to bickering and I forgot I had the pan on the stove.  The sugar scorched the bottom of the pain and I thought it was ruined.  I tasted a bit of it on a spoon and it was ok, just looked funny.  So I carried on.  Duane says he likes it and that's all that matters.  I'll have to make another pan next week while I'm sleeping or something.



I found a new fudge recipe that is easy, in the microwave.  I'm going to make one recipe of my time trusted Never Fail Fudge and one recipe of the new easier stuff.  Then compare.

Next two weeks are going to be interesting.  I work the next five days, Sunday off, then five days and Christmas eve off.  Not too much time to get things done.  Christmas Eve will be spent in kitchen making Duane his kolaches and Dutch speculaas koekjas for me.

Back to sock knitting and fudge making.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Love that yarn, despite the potential differences!

I'll be curious about the fudge recipe, we have an old passed down recipe we use every year, but really, there is no such thing as too much fudge.

Teresa Kasner said...

Mmm.. fudge. The easy stuff doesn't look like it will be as good as the other stuff.. let us know what you think. Hope your next two weeks go okay!
:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:
*M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:-·-:¦:
((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Melissa said...

OK, so now I'm hungry! Looks like you are definitely doing the Christmas baking. Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

MelMel said...

Your opening paragraph had me giggling!

The pie looks so yummy!

Melx

Rudee said...

So sorry about the fridge.

The fudge sounds tasty. Yum!

Pearl said...

Knitting, making fudge. Yum.

:-)

Pearl