Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WIP Wednesday

It's been a quiet week here.  Shhh, don't let the dark forces know I noticed.


I'm half way through the last repeat of Dayflower Dreaming, then I will start the knitted on edging.  I haven't made anything with a knitted on edging so this will be a new experience.  For a re-cap, I'm using some of my first handspun laceweight from 2006 and I believe this was started around that time.


Summer is usually when I work on cross stitch, piecing quilt tops and seed beading projects. Even with the AC set to 75F there are days my hands sweat and itch when I work with yarn.  I pulled Villa Mirabilia  out of the box and put several more stitches on her.  This was also started sometime around 2005 era.  There is still quite a ways to go on this.

I'm pulling out old projects to cure my terrible case of the wants, as we all have at times.  I'm still drooling over Cupcake Fibers SW BFL/nylon batts.  Duane was going to buy one for me for a late Valentine's Day but just couldn't manage it from the ICU.  I've been eyeing Crown Mountain Farm BFL Walpurgis for quite awhile now.  What are some things that have been giving you a case of the wants?


As promised on Friday, here's my picture of bright spots a midst chaos.  I think the doily goes well with my Venetian Lady cross stitch.


An update picture on our last batch of parakeet babies. The darker one next to Mama Myrtle is one week and two days old.  They start getting down feathers at about a week. We are very curious what the colors will be.  Mama is green and yellow with a bit of teal and the Daddy is a powder blue.  An egg has hatched about every other day.  We are up to four babies and I think there are two or three more eggs.  Am I a bad bird mama for hoping the other eggs don't hatch?  I will post updates more often since this is the last batch of babies for quite a long while.

The rehab center called and rescheduled my interview for Friday morning.  Paws crossed I get the job.  They are the only one out of the hundreds of applications I've been filling out to call for an interview.  I'm down to applying to convenience stores and fast food restaurants.  I'm almost as sick of filling out applications as I am the oppressive heat.



22 comments:

pinkundine said...

That cross stitch is so intricate, it's amazing!

Yarn Changer said...

I love the colors and design on the cross stitch. I'm fascinated by the baby birds. I can't wait to see what colors they grow into. How often do they have babies? We have a mourning dove nesting outside a second story window and she will have two babies three times in a summer - Makes me feel really sorry for her!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

My fingers and toes are crossed for your interview. Good Luck!

You will let us know about the baby parakeet colours as they develop, won't you? I wonder if the birds themselves know?

Your Dayflower Dreaming looks lovely. Can't wait to see that done and blocked!

Affordable Wonders said...

Oh my your cross stitch is amazing. I tried it once and learned really quickly that I don't have the required attention span to do anything bigger than a 6x6 in square lol!

That is so cool that you get to see the birdies from when they hatch almost made me want to run out and buy to parakeets (did I spell that right?)

Vivianne said...

Keep your chin up & be positive about the interview :)

Nicky said...

Will be sending you hiring wishes for the interview.

Great WIPs. Cross stitching intrigues me, it's so elegant!!!!

Keri said...

I love the cross stitch. It's really stunning. And good luck with the job interview. I'll send good vibes your way.

Wool Diaries said...

I love all your WIP's even the birds!

Good luck for Friday, am holding thumbs for you.

Anonymous said...

In response to your question on my blog. . .

I'm not sure where the patterns are from. I received just my parts from Dani and there wasn't any titles.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Sam Findlay said...

Great knitting and those little bird babies are super cute!

Paula said...

Good luck with the job interview! We'll be sending prayers and good thoughts for you! My only want at this point is a marriage -- I'm even over wanting a wedding at this point. :)

Rudee said...

I really like the Dayflower Dreaming. Don't think too much when you do a knitted on border--it's hard to visualize until you're well into it, but knitted on borders are gorgeous. Have fun with that!

Fingers (and toes) crossed for the job.

Marushka C. said...

Your projects are always so beautiful. I'm glad you have pretty things and sweet pets to balance all the not-so-nice-stuff these days. Good luck with the job hunt -- i hope you find something you can enjoy.

geeky Heather said...

I LOVE the colors of Villa Mirabilia. Someday.... =)

SO cool seeing the baby parakeets!

Anonymous said...

The blue in the doily picks up the blue in the picture very nicely.

Okay --- my paws are crossed. Wishing you the best of luck with your interview.

Sandy said...

The blanket is yummy, but I understand how knitting for any length of time is an issue with warmer weather. Love the xstitch. Haven't done that in years.

Frieda said...

Your cross stitch is just beautiful ! The Mirabilia patterns are stunning .I have a couple in my stash , but knitting has taken up all my "free" time for the last few years .

Good luck with the interview !!

Unknown said...

Oh, Mirabilia designs, how lovely they are. I used to have tons of Told In A Garden designs, and have actually competed some, but once the knitting bug hit I left that life behind. Thanks for the memories!

Melissa said...

Playing catch up...again:) Love your cross stitch. That is one thing I don't have patience for. I guess it's just too tedious for me but I always love the results.

Sending more interview mojo your way. It's time some good comes your way!!

wrchili said...

Congrats on pulling out old projects to work on and good luck with the knitted on edging. I love seeing your baby parakeets. I can't wait to watch them grow.

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

I'm so impressed by your cross stitch (which I've never learned to do).

behind the ivy said...

Good luck for Friday! I'm jobhunting at the moment too, and it can be such a downer. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow :)