I don't like Meme's and I don't believe I have ever did one. I do like the blogger, Girl Meets Needle, who tagged me, so what the hell, here I go.
Here's how it works:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Six random things about Knitting Kitties.
1. I never wanted to be a nurse. I registered for nursing school because of a dare from a friend. The good thing was I ended up loving it. Bad thing I hurt my back at work nine years ago and haven't been able to work since.
2. My two middle toes are double jointed. As a child I could put my foot flat on the floor and wiggle my toes back and forth to gross out my mother. She said it looks like worms popping out of their holes.
3. We once had 18 pets all at the same time. 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 bunnies, 2 parakeets, 2 hamsters, 3 hermit crabs, 1 guinea pig, 1 turtle, 1 anole lizard and 1 gold fish. My youngest was in kindergarten at the time, his teacher loved us because we brought the caged animals in for show and tell. Yes, I ended being the cage cleaner so when they died they weren't replaced. "Mom, I'll take care of it, really, I will."
4. I drove from NY to Tucson, AZ through an ice storm, one small blizard, and a huge blizzard in Missouri and Oklahoma in 60 hrs. We missed being in the middle of a 100 car pile up on the Oklahoma Turnpike by mere minutes because I had to use the restroom.
5. I've wanted to write a novel since I was 7 or 8, doesn't matter if gets published. Little House and Judy Blume's books held me captive back then.
6. I told my second grade teacher, "God made fast people and slow people. He made me a slow person. If you want me to move faster then you have to talk to God." When she told to speed it up and move faster. My mom got called in over that one.
That was harder than just writing a regular post. I'm going to break rules 4 and 5 and not tag anyone. If you want to do this go ahead.
We've been hit with storms from the west. My joints are hollering. I've been dying SW Merino, BFL fiber and merino/silk fingering wt yarn for a big shop update after Christmas.
The sock yarn God's ignore my prayers from the big for me order I placed before Rhinebeck. It's taking me awhile to get it all dyed up. So far, I've only sold one skein. I'm seriously considering just sticking to selling fiber. We'll see how it goes after the holidays.
I have ten sock blanks and dyed five for the shop. Fiddling about my stash, I found some winter camouflage fabric I bought long ago to make DS#1 pants. It reminded of the green camouflage yarn my exMIL bought and made DS#2 a hat. We were disappointed how stripey and not really like camo at all. So, I dyed up a couple blanks with a camouflage in winter and princess (for girls). I think I should dye one for myself and knit it to see how it really turns out.