Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's The Small Things

This time of year always has me a bit down. Besides, high humidity causing major stiffness, I miss having a patio or deck garden. I have to live vicariously through others blog pictures. Which isn't really the same as being able to step outside to watch your own plants grow and bloom. Besides you can't smell picture, sometimes that can a be good, being the internet. Finding that new blossom that wasn't there the day before is somewhat of a thrill for me.

Today, my mom and I went shopping for plants her garden. Pulling into the parking lot, two rose bushes deep in the display stood out and called to me. Really, wishing I had a patio now, as I used to grow Tea Roses in big pots. They were on sale, so I bought them for her, begging can I come I visit with them occasionally.

035

There are two rose bushes here. The bottom left is more of a peach/apricot color, I didn't get a chance to look at the card for the name.

034

Broadway Rose. It was hard to get a decent photo of with one that had lots of yellow as the sun was shining directly over my shoulder.

Obligatory needlework err knitting picture. I made this doily a year or so ago, give or take a few months. Just now, finally getting around to blocking it. It's from Marriane Kinzel's books, 2/30 silk on 0000 knitting needles. I gave this to my mother for Mother's Day. She was quite surprised that it was knitted, more astonished when she saw the steel toothpicks I used.

It is the family joke, that while I was hanging out in the womb, I happened on the creative domestic gene not in use, and snatched up the whole thing for myself. When my mother feels creative she buys fabric with intention of making quilts. I think she likes to pick fabrics, and the finished product, it's the process in the middle, she doesn't have much patience for. While I enjoy the process, the longer the trip the better.

Photobucket


Obligatory Dammit picture.

030

It's always nice to have a best bun to lean on and hang out with.

No comments: