Thursday, August 11, 2005

I Didn't Realize

Yikes, I didn't realize, it's been this long since I posted. (Bad, bad new blogger. We'll not trust you to post consistently enough to deserve our attention now. ) I'm sorry, just been so busy with pain and making stuff. I wanted to take pictures but that battery sucker camera hanging out at the Dollar Tree came up missing.

I did get a few pictures before the camera went incognito. On Sundays, I have the DD (sometimes dear, sometimes not *grin*) and DGD (always dear) hang out with us. DBF plays the guitar, and DGD bangs her keys on the wipes box.

I've tried twice now to write this post, but the weather here, not so compatible with chronic pain. Have you ever fallen and hit your tail bone on something hard? You know that pain you feel, when you're finally able to stand up. That zinging pain going down both legs, and you're sure you'll never walk the same again. It's similar to whacking ones funny bone, except it's in the lower regions. That's the pain. Except, it doesn't go away after several minutes. Or several hours. After a day, or more, I'm ready to shred the flesh off the faces of several Dr.s I've seen.

That's pretty much, all I'm going to say about that. I don't obsess over it. I try to ignore it. Sometimes though, it's like a screaming kid in grocery store. It demands to be known. Just so you know, I'll blog more about my needlework than my pain. I try to leave screaming kids at home, so they don't destroy the nerves of other people.

I've lived with it for over six years now. The past year it has gotten to the point of making me a hermit. It was hard at first, but now I'm rather used it, (the hermit thing, not the pain. Nobody could get used to that) and I try to keep myself busy with my needlework. Plus, now I'm surrounded with beautiful yarn and cotton thread. But, I have to sell it, sometimes I don't want to. But I have to, so I can get more yarn and thread to make beautiful. Now, for those of you that work full-time that might be a bit jealous, re-read the above paragraphs. I would so trade with you in a heartbeat. Let me know, I'll see if I can arrange it. I would love to go back to my former life of over-worked LPN.

Anyway, I've been busy between body tantrums, dyeing tons of yarn and thread. I've been trying and continue to sell on Ebay. Go ahead, take a look, it's not bad stuff. If you don't want to, that's ok too. I figure I might be a productive member of society. Even from my own little house apartment of horrors. So far, I think doing ok. Not as good as I would have liked, but ok. I also have a returning customer. Yeah, for me.

We did get a nice scanner this past month. No way was battery eater camera going to cut it for ebay. So, hey, I can post some nice scans of my work. Like this (click for bigger)

and this:

I do have more, but I'll save them for another post. That's just the TIP of the iceberg in cross stitch alone. I'm a multi-tasker, ADD and just plain totally nuts to have this many projects going at once. Last count was about 30 in cross stitch, um, I think 5 in crochet, about 14 in knitting, 3 or 4 in tatting, and a few in seed beading. I do finish things on occasion.

I used to only have one project in every category on the go. Then, I had someone always sticking their nose in what I had on the go. So, I became the Lady of Starting Too Many Projects. Nothing worse than someone sticking their nose in my projects, it's my damn hobby and I'll do what I want. Except, when he started throwing my stuff in garbage, so well, I had to throw him in the, well you know, garbage as well. Now, I have DSO, who knows the proper language, "That's nice, honey." He has a creative mind as well, and understands the process. I'm now Lady Of Occasional Finishes.

I do have an FO. I finished Le Petite Fuzzy Thing. I'll post blurry pics later. Remember, how I was worried about Butterscotch and Bootsie making off with yarn. Well, one afternoon, Butterscotch came in the living room, still all sleepy, from his nap. Spied fuzzy yarn, semi-unattended. (Sitting on a tote, two feet away from me) He snuck up on it. (That hunkered down sidled down walk, like I can't see him, right in front of me.) Started sniffing at it. Mmmmm, new yarn. Opened mouth, pulled back lips, tried to sink teeth and then Ha Chu. He sneezed. He made an attempt again, sneeze, and again, sneeze. The fuzz from the yarn was tickling his nostrils like soda pop fizzle used to do to people. When soda pop had more fizz in it. He made about ten attempts, then stalked off angrily, muttering something other. I was holding my sides from laughing so hard.

That's all for now. I promise to check in every couple days atleast, and let you all know I'm still alive, and kicking something. Next post, will have more knitting content. And Micky, I'm sorry I let you down. You came back and posted and I wasn't there for you. I'll do better next time. BTW, no I don't have VM finished yet, almost, but not quite.

Until next time, have fun at whatever needlework you do.


Micky said...

No you didn't let me down. You posted on my birthday! I have been so busy, I haven't been able to read all my blogs I want to. But thanks for thinking of me anyway. And I hope you feel well enough to do what you love most.
:) said...

I know what it's like. After years of chronic pain I'm finding relief with a TENS unit, though.

Anonymous said...

Hi Thanks for such a perfect submit and the evaluation, I'm completely impressed! Maintain stuff like this coming.